Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day so I decided to get a bit of work done outdoors.  It took several attempts to start the lawn mower after its winter hiatus but finally it started.  After cutting the lawns I hauled out the pressure washer to clean some of the winter grim from the windows and doors.  The maple trees are dropping seeds so I pulled a few of the tiny maple seedlings from a couple of the garden beds.  As I worked my mind wandered thinking how I will miss this place a lot if or when we move. 

It has been a very wet spring to the point local farmers have had to delay planting.  I noticed how wet the ground was as I was mowing.  A few times the mower left ruts as I was turning it!  In fact the spring has been so wet only the ducks are happy.  Speaking of ducks, the mallards are back with a nest under our bushes.  I'm not sure how many eggs are in the nest as I try not to disturb them.  As a sign of appreciation the parents always bring the little ones back to visit us. 

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.