Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Turning Cold

It's turned rather cold here meaning that we aren't getting a lot done in the way of gardening at home or at the vacation home.  We left home in beautiful Ontario, Canada just before we had to turn on the furnace.  According to our kids who are housesitting and doing a bit of garden work there has been few days since we left that they could get anything done.  It was a balmy 90°F plus at our vacation home, so still using AC and staying out of the direct sun.   Despite the high temperatures we managed to get a lot of landscaping done, some of it hired out.  Then last Sunday it turned rather cold in the sunny south just in time for us to be heading back to Ontario yesterday.  With any luck we will have a nice Indian summer so I can get my crocuses planted.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.