Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Friday, March 30, 2007

More Signs of Spring


Buds on Maple Tree
March 26, 2007


Mike Thomas, a reformed anti-blogger who's blog is call Brannigans Law commented on my cooking blog about a video his wife had made about gnomes. I just had to check out her video called "I Think I'm a Gnome Now". This is a must see for all gardeners unless of course you don't like gnomes. I have three of gnomes in the video: Jack, Jeff and Phillip. Thanks Mike for giving me a great chuckle this morning! Here's to all gnome lovers everywhere!

Signs of spring are everywhere! I can't believe how quickly buds appeared on the trees. Although the weather has cooled a little, it does look like March just may go out like a lamb. A short 30 days ago I posted how it came in like a lion here. Tomorrow will tell!

I spent a bit of time emptying pots in the greenhouse. We are putting in an offer on another house tonight something that may create a few challenges for this growing season but nothing we haven't gone through before. The landscaping is mature so that's a real plus. So I'm definitely in the spring cleaning mode both inside and out. The garden paths need a good vacuuming but the beds themselves look fine. They just need the soil worked up and grid laid out. Garden plans are on schedule despite the uncertainty.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2007


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.