Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lion Topiary at Busch Gardens, Tampa, Florida

lion topiary at Busch Gardens, Tampa, Florida
Lion Topiary
December 16, 2010


We left the chilly north on December 8 to stay mainly at our vacation home in the sunny south, returning north January 9.  During that time we made two visits to Busch Gardens.  While this is an amusement park it very much has a garden setting.   Many of the plantings have name tags that I found quite useful.  It's nice to be able to see the actual plant for future identification. 

I was quite impressed with the huge lion topiary waiting to greet visitors to the park.  Isn't he majestic?  I can't imagine how much work goes into keeping him trimmed.  I would love to try my hand at topiary.  I've tried to find a wire frame for reindeer like those used for Christmas decorating but without the lights.  So far I have been unsuccessful so I might have to buy the ones for Christmas and strip them of their lights.  This project is on my to do list for my new garden once we move.  Hopefully the house will sell soon so I have ample spring to work on the new garden beds.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.