Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Sunday, January 02, 2011

My High Hopes of an Orange Tree Were Dashed

I had high hopes of planting an orange tree at our vacation home during our visit but the hopes of that were dashed.  It was unseasonably cold with several days of morning frost, not the kind of weather for planting trees.  My orange tree will have to wait until our next visit.  That's ok though as I have a lot of plans for our vacation home garden.  I'm not impressed with the mulch we used so by then I will have a better idea of what I want to use.  Several homes are using larger stones as mulch.  This looks nice so might be one idea.  I'm off do do a bit of research for our vacation home garden plans.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


1 comment:

  1. We planted an orange tree last year, I think it was. It was kind of spindly. I'm wondering how it faired in the unusually cold weather (for the South) this year. We'll find out in February, I guess.

    Maybe you'll find new sprouts on your Orange tree. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.