Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Snow and More Snow

Here I was concerned over the lack of snowfall but earlier this week we ended up with about 35 cm of fresh snow total over two days.  They were calling for 10 cm on the second day but we only got about 5 cm.  A couple of hours ago it started snowing again.  I haven't heard how much we are supposed to get.  The cell isn't very big so should be finished here in an hour or so.  We've had about 3 cm of fresh snowfall so far.  If it keeps up this way we will likely have another 5 cm total.  Gotta love winter!

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you, but I'm sick to death of all the snow, and I more than ready for spring. I live in the southern US, and we aren't used to all this. At first, it was kind of nice - we even had a white Christmas, and I can't remember the last time that happened. But I'm over it now. Bring on the sunshine and warmer temperatures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.