Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our Pear Tree

pear tree

I was also thrilled to discover a pear tree on our new property.  It is a good sized tree, about ten feet high that was laden with large pears.  I think it is a Bartlett pear tree but will get a positive identification from the nursery.  Like the peach trees, the pear tree likely needs a bit of pruning.  I will be following the pruning guidelines for fruit trees by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.  Before I start pruning though, I think it would be a good idea to have someone from the nursery walk me through the process.

While I will be working with some of the existing front and side beds, I've been accumulating ideas to try in our new gardens.  I'll be doing a lot of garden planning over the winter as well.  Next spring should be a very interesting and exciting time in the gardens.


Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.