Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Cactus Seedlings

Cactus Seedlings

I brought home a cute cactus starting kit from Las Vegas on our recent trip. This was an ideal solution since I thought trying to transport cactus plants on the plane or through Canadian customs would be problematic. The kit came with the soil, a seed packet that could contain upto ten varieties of cactus (including saguaro, prickly pear, cholla, fire barrel, fishhook barrel and hedgehog), a small plastic pot, a clear plastic dome lid and instructions. I followed the instructions but planted only about a quarter of the seed packet on the 25th of January. Today I noticed two small sprouts. It has taken longer than the low estimate of 3 days but that's ok. Once the seedlings develop tiny spines the dome top can be removed. I'll report back as they grow.

Happy Gardening

Garden Gnome
© 2007


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.