Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gearing Up for Spring

My gosh!  Coming up with something garden related to write about in January is difficult.  There is little going on besides garden planning and browsing through the seed catalogues.  I usually let the indoor garden dwindle as we take a 7 to 10 day vacation each January so like to reduce the indoor temperature as low as possible while gone.  Any cold hardy indoor plants are fine as one of the kids stop by to check the house and water the plants.  By the time we leave for vacation I've already ordered seeds and have started getting everything ready to start plants shortly after arriving home.  Within a week or so of getting home the first of the seeds start arriving.  It won't be long now that I will be able to start reporting on seeds, seedlings and this year's garden plans.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.