Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Small Harvest

harvest Sep 7, 2010
A Small Harvest
September 7, 2010

This really has been a bad year for gardening here.  August has been so dry that it is more than affecting the local growers.  Irrigating has been the only way to save the crops but still that may not be enough.  I did a clean pick of the garden a couple of days ago.  The tomatoes are producing nicely and despite the weather the sweet peppers are really performing nicely!  Doesn't it look wonderful?

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


3 comments:

  1. It does indeed. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is more than I would ever have! I have been preparing a garden, it will be next year until I can plant something, I envy your tomatoes. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.