Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally the First Photogenic Robin of 2011

robin in maple tree

Robin in Maple Tree
March 23, 2011


I posted earlier about spotting the first robin of the season.  For those who don't know, here in beautiful Ontario, Canada where we experience winter complete with cold temperatures, ice and snow the robins migrate to warmer locations for the winter.  I can't say as I blame them which is one reason we have joined the snowbird crowd with our vacation home in the sunny south.  Unlike the robins who are gone for about 5 months, we only go for a month at longest but still it is a break from the cold.  The return of the robins signifies the onset of spring.  Unfortunately, no one has informed Mother Nature of that yet so the poor robins are still dealing with unseasonably cold weather conditions. 

The robins are not being as co-operative for their photoshoots likely due to the cold.  I hear their cheery chips in the bushes but they are staying tucked in out of the weather.  This little guy braved the cold just long enough for me to get a couple of pictures.  His red chest is just a cheery sign of spring to come!

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.