Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Sunday, April 03, 2011

The First Crocuses of 2011

first crocuses
First Crocuses
March 31, 2011

The first crocuses are making their cheery appearance in the nook outside the kitchen window.  I've left these to naturalize so the are rewarding me with spreading.  The kitchen is below grade with the window about four inches from the ground so the crocuses can be enjoyed right from the kitchen.  We lost a lot of the crocuses from the front of house ripout we did last year in the middle yard.  There's a couple lone crocuses popping up there.  If we don't sell then I will be planting more bulbs in the fall in that area.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. :)
    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!

    Our daffodils are blooming. Could it REALLY REALLY finally be here?? I'm always testy about snow until April 18th or so....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca :) They are pretty aren't they? I can't wait for my daffodils to bloom. DH said we are supposed to get snow this weekend :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.