Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Monday, April 25, 2011

First Daffodil of 2011

first daffodile of 2011
First Daffodil of 2011
April 24, 2011

Look what blessed us with a cheery nod Easter Sunday!  The beautiful bright yellow was a much welcomed sight.  The weather was mild as well just perfect for sitting on the dock enjoying the sights and sounds of the water.  I spent a little time puttering amongst the raised beds as well, prepping one for planting and cleaning debris from the herb bed.  As I puttered I pondered how this garden will never reach the vision I had for it.  I'm saddened to think the beds will likely not be planted as the certainty of us moving becomes more of a reality.  I am elated at the prospect of moving, don't get me wrong.  There are even established grape vines at our 'prospective' new house and the yard is perfect for a few raised beds.  Instead of enjoying sitting on the dock we will be enjoying sitting poolside and we should still be able to enjoy raccoons and rabbits with perhaps the occasional 'possum and skunk.  Seriously the new house is about as rural as you can get but technically urban.  More on that later but for now, I hope you enjoy this sunny bloom!

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011