Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Garden Seeds are Appearing in the Stores

I was at Home Hardware today picking up paint for the bathroom.  As I went to the check-out I noticed two large displays of garden seeds!  I popped a packet of Little Marvel peas in with my painting supplies.  I am planning on painted every room in the house this winter but you can bet I will still make time to get my seedlings ready for the new gardens.  It won't be long now :)

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2012


4 comments:

  1. I always buy too many. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unknown12:46 PM

    What type of garden seeds do you use in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, that is an excellent question. I grow ornamentals, flowers, herbs and vegetables from seed. I tend to favour organically produced organic seed especially for any edible plant. I also save seed from a lot of what I have grown to use for the following year's garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, many garden seeds will keep for several years providing they are stored properly. Protect from moisture, rodents and insects. You may notice a slightly lower germination rate with older seeds especially if they are over five years old.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.