Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Short Garden Update

The tomatoes appear to be doing quite well but the cucumbers are pretty much finished.  If I am lucky I will get one or two more Monemarket cucumbers off the vine but the pickling cucumbers were a total dud this year.  The herbs are all performing nicely and the peppers look very promising.  The radishes did not perform well so I let them go to seed.  I think they will be good in the fall garden or planted earlier next year. I'm looking forward to a fall garden for more greens so will be working towards that goal.  At the moment I need to replant some of the planters that the high heat took out.  I definitely will be working on self watering containers!

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.