Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An Unidentified Shrub

unidentified tree
Unknown
August 28, 2010

A few days ago I was on my daily walk when I spotted this gorgeous tree in bloom.  I would have stopped in to ask the owners what it was but the house is their summer cottage so they aren't there very often.  As it was they weren't there that day since the house was all closed up.  I love the whispy look of this shrub.  I would like to identify it so I know what to ask for at nursery.  I'd like to plant a couple here.  If you know what this shrub is could you please leave a comment?

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


4 comments:

  1. I went googling the internet, haha, and I think it might be a tamarix or salt cedar, but I can't be certain as I have a laptop and wear bifocals and just can't see anything that clearly. ;)
    It is definitely pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda :) That gives me a starting point for identification. It is pretty isn't it? Maybe the owners will be around this weekend with it being the Labour Day weekend. If I see them I will stop in and ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it looks like a tamarisk. We used to have one in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Sheila! It's on my list of plants to buy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.