Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Monday, June 07, 2010

Three Important Gardening Tools

I have three very important gardening tools that you will not find in the gardening section of any store. They are:

  • digital camera - A digital camera not only gives a pictorial as to how my gardens are doing but helps serve as an important identifier for both flora and fauna. 
  • cell phone/wireless phone - A garden can be a very dangerous place in many perspectives even though you don't think of it as such.  You could be bit by something you react adversely to or have a slip and fall or anything in between.  It is very important to have some type of phone with you that in the event you need help you can get it.
  • water bottle - I always have a filled water bottle with me in the garden.  The heat of the day can be quite dehydrating and despite intending on only being in the garden for a few minutes it can easily stretch out to an hour or more.  During the gardening season dehydration can be a problem so to combat this always take a filled water bottle with you and make sure to take the time to keep your body properly hydrated.
Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.