Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Friday, May 07, 2010

Lily of the Valley



The Lily of the Valley is up but not in bloom yet.  There are several patches in one garden area that I'm hoping will naturalize.  The garden bed sits in front of the kitchen window (lower ground level) and wraps around under the sunporch stairs ending at the lower ground level covered patio.  This bed was covered with a decorative rock by the former owner then planted with hostas and Lily of the Valley.  Last year there were only a few Lily of the Valley poking through so I'm quite pleased to see the patches of them getting larger.  If the bed fills in as I would like the whole house will be filled with the gorgeous smell of Lily of the Valley!


Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.