Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Gardens

We have been enjoying the new to us vacation home complete with gardens.  The gardens wrap around the house with a wider section to the front.  This is the first time we have ever dealt with an HOA but in this case I really don't mind.  Vacation homes are significantly different from your permanent home in that the vacation home may or may not be rented out or it may be empty for a good portion of the year so having someone keep an eye on the place for us is an asset.

We bought wood mulch to refreshen what was already there.  I'm going a bit low keyed until I identify all the plants although they are fairly common landscaping plants here.  There is an automated watering system that took us a few days to figure out.  We water once a week according to the county schedule.  I'm not sure yet what new beds we will be putting in.  For now that will be left to our next trip here.  This trip we focused on cleaning up the beds, revamping the mulch and enjoying the company of a couple of friendly little geckos.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.