Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rainbow Carrots

A few days ago I ended up with a bag of organic rainbow carrots as part of an organic produce basket one of our kids picked up for us. The carrots looked like regular carrots in the bag but once out of the bag I could see there was a variation in the orange and yellow. A couple of the carrots were quite yellow in comparison to the others so I did an online search to see exactly what rainbow carrots are. According to the search results rainbow carrots is a mixture of purple, red, orange, yellow and white carrots. Each of the colours has a unique characteristic and flavour. When cooked the present a gorgeous splash of colour for a meal. Rainbow carrots are on my list of new vegetables to grow in my soon to be new garden. I think these will be quite interesting to grow so can't wait to see how well they do.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.