Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Monday, July 05, 2010

A Short Garden Update

I thought I should give a short garden update.  The raised beds are looking rather good.  The lettuces have not done well but that is to be expected with the warmer weather so perhaps I will have better luck in the fall.  The radishes are lagging a bit too although I'm not sure why.  The much anticipated the first zucchini fizzled.  I'm trying to figure out why and the only thing I can come up with is the zucchini doesn't like the container.  The cucumbers in containers are doing well.  The freshly planted horseradish is looking good as are the two new beds.  We are in the midst of a heat wave that is predicted to last through the week so the gardens especially the containers will need more water but the heat will really cause a growth spurt in the plants.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.