Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Turning Leaves

turning leaves
Turning Leaves
July 23, 2010

My Mom taught me to look to the sky for weather signs.  I learned from a very early age that turning leaves meant very nasty thunderstorms.  Combined with ominous stillness the turning leaves meant the eye of the storm is very close.  Outside the eye of the storm the winds gain speed.  Friday's storm brought the turning leaves pictured yet an eerie stillness before unleashing its furry.  The quiet seemed quite odd.  Even the birds stopped chirping as the skies darkened.  This was a very violent storm that took the life of at least one person in our area and was reported to be a small tornado to the south of us so we just caught the top side of it.  We didn't have any garden damage so that was nice.  It's surprising though given the strength of the winds!

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.