Neighbours talking over the garden gate has long been a tradition. They share gardening tips, complain about the weather and pests yet are ever eager to discuss their gardens. That is what I had in mind when creating this blog. So stop by my garden gate to find out the latest happenings in my garden.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
"All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child." ~ Madame Marie Curie"

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weeds, Weeds and More Weeds

The combination of copious amounts of rain daily with high temperatures and humidity have spurred a surge of weeds in the raised garden beds.  I seriously don't mind weeds in my gardens because some of them are edible and others act as companion plants to protect the fruits and vegetables.  However at this point I have no choice but to weed especially when the weeds start overshadowing the vegetables.  It wasn't a pretty sight but I managed to clean the beds out in short order.  On the bright side apparently the the vegetables and herbs enjoyed all the rain and hot weather because they are really looking nice!  So far it looks like the zucchini and a couple of the pickling cucumber planters didn't make it though.  I will have to repot them.

Happy Gardening!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


1 comment:

  1. I haven't done my veggie garden weeding in a week or two, so it looks a bit jungle-y. Glad someone is on top of the weeding chore.

    Christine in Alaska

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. Your message will appear once approved.